St8rk Reality.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Flippin' heck(le)

I read the funniest thing today.

It was about the best heckles people have heard at stand-up shows and concerts. The best one, which literally had me rolling in the aisles -except there are no aisles at my place of work, I am not a priest - was about everyone's favourite pseud-rocker, Bono.

The Dublin crooner and his U2 chums were playing to literally dozens of adoring fans in Glasgow last year. Ever the one for gettin his tuppence-worth in, old Mr Hewson spoke solemnly to the audience:

CLAP

CLAP

"Every time...

CLAP

"...I clap my hands..."

CLAP

"...a child in Africa..."

CLAP

"...dies..."


CLAP


A lone voice from the midst of the crowd piped up: "Well stop fuckin' doin' it then!"

Hats off to you, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home