St8rk Reality.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Golden Oldie

I'm now I'm growing old because...

1) I have developed a 'fondness' for folk music. Where once nothing but screaming guitars and angst-ridden sonnets would 'float my boat' I now find myself harking after a good old fiddle. So to speak.

2) The 'morning lines' on my face stay with me all day. That first glance in the mirror in the morning? That's as good as it's going to get.

3) I have no idea who is Number One (in the charts or Hit Parade)

4) I seek out pubs with comfortable seating and no music - so I can have a "good chat". Usually about folk music or growing old.

5) I have began sampling real ales without feeling sick. I even managed an entire pint recently. And quite enjoyed it.

6) I panic because I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. And I'm past grown up. D'oh!

7) I write to the council to complain about 'old people issues' - like not cutting the communal grass properly (God help me).

8) I think televeision is shit compared to when I was a kid. Bring back Ivor the Engine.

9) People who drink in my local pub were born after I finished college. That's a really scary one.

10) I make up irrelevant lists because I can't find something useful to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home