St8rk Reality.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You Won't Stop Talking...

I have a confession to make.

It ranks alongside 'I used to dress up in my mother's underwear' in the embarrassment stakes. (That bit was made up to illustrate my point. No, really).

I like... oh I can hardly say it... listening to.... ummmmmm.... Chas 'n' Dave.

There. I said it.

Stop that sniggering at the back.

The cheeky cockernee duo's tribute to Watership Down - Rabbit - regularly pops up on my iPod playlists. I downloaded it one drunken evening when I thought it was funny. But ever since, I find myself walking about the house singing under my breath: "You got more rabbit than Sainsbury’s, why don't you give it a rest," is a mockney accent a la Dick Van Dyke in Mary poppins.

Mrs S looks at me and shakes her head, undoubtedly trying to recall her ex-boyfriend's phone number.

It's not something I'm particularly proud of but I just can't resist the couplet: "you've got luv-er-lee eyes... you've got luv-er-lee thighs."

You'll be singing it all night now.

Sorry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home