St8rk Reality.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fest-ering weekend

Three nights, four days, six shows, four minor celebrities and countless pints of Guinness.

I'm back from Edinburgh.

The celeb count was significantly down on last year but still included a very drunk Gail Porter, a very tall Alistair MacGowan and a very lonely (he was devoid of company) Marcus Bridgestock. Oh and I was asked directions my that tall blonde guy who played the new boy in The Office and was also in The Smoking Room.
I also bumped into that girl from Coronation Street who is also in Peter Kay's live videos (Shelley something perhaps?) whose lovely smile melted my cold Scottish heart at the bar - despite the fact her friend pushed past me and stepped on my toes.

We saw a few good shows too, Mrs S and I.

Top Gun was hilarious in a way only students running around a stage pretending to be jet fighters can be.
Levelland, the Rich Hall play, was interesting, if a little baffling.
Justin Edwards was self-deprecatingly funny. And 'clever', whatever that means.
Lucy Porter was lovely. She's made my list of people whom I'd love to go for a drink with. But, sorry, she didn't make me laugh out loud.
Midnight Cowboy was very moving.
Daniel Kitson was captivating. Must make an effort to see him again.

Special thanks to the Holiday Inn Express staff for turning a blind eye when I stole half a dozen bread rolls and countless pastries. They provided a cheap alternative to actually buying lunch.

And special, special thanks to the pretentious young Oxbridge drama students whose discussion at a pedestrian crossing concerning actors who "weren't challenging themselves enough" made me realise that, irrespective of how my life pans out, I'll never be as big a bunch of pseuds as them.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home