St8rk Reality.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Problem solved!!

The problem has been solved!

(Am I repeating myself again?)
After several days close scrutiny, the flood in my garage has been remedied - by none other than yours truly. I am feeling suitably smug and very manly. I am considering leaving my universally-acknowledged stupid career and becoming a jack of all trades - and master of a quite a few thankyouverymuch.

After ripping up floorboards in the adjacent room (no water there) and watching the garage floor closer than Paris Hilton watching her bathroom scales, the source of the uninvited water revealed itself to me.

It was a bloody loose connection on the washine machine. Which I tightened. Problem solved.

I would just like to take this opportunity to berrate every plumber in my town for failing to notice the problem for the past tw million months, thus making my garage - and consequently my whole house - smell damper than a tramp's feet in a mushroom factory. Cheers lads!

Anyway, this got me thinking.

Is it just me or is every problem down to a 'loose connection'? From my dodgy stereo and temperamental iPod to the wonky fridge door and the irritatingly broken remote control, it seems the problem can be traced to whant's known in "the trade" as a loose connection?

I think I've cracked it Watson. That's precisely what's wrong with the world these days. It isn't America's short-sighted foreign policy or our consumer society failing to grasp the consequences of our selfish actions - there's just a loose connection somewhere on the planet.

So, for the sake of the babies, could you all just check that the area around you is working OK and that there aren't any loose connections that are blindingly obvious?

If you find one, give me a shout and I'll be around in a jiff to sort it out.

Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home