St8rk Reality.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Late Christmas Wrapping

I receive a mystery package.

It is a large box, wrapped in brown paper. It has my name on it.
I am immediately disappointed when i lift the box. It is too light to contain any of the following:
A case of whisky
A new Apple Mac laptop
One of those Playboy bunnies that leap from giant cakes to sing Happy Birthday in a sultry marilyn Monroe fashion.
(To be honest the last one was a bit of a long shot, really. It isn't even my birthday)

I open the box.

There is another box inside, similarly wrapped in brown paper. If this is one of those Russian doll-type gags, I won't be amused, i say to myself.

There is yet another box inside the smaller box!!! Clearly someone is having a laugh at my expense, or I've received a gift from an anonymous stalker who has a brown wrapping paper fetish and this IS the present!

Needless to say the real present lay inside the third box, thus dispelling the last theory.

It wasn't even for me. It was for Stark Jnr. It wasn't remotely alcoholic.

I stuff the (rather attractive) brown wrapping paper into the bin and open a beer.

Tsk.

2 Comments:

  • Aw, and I was rooting for Rumplestiltskin to jump out ;)

    By Blogger f:lux, at 12:12 pm  

  • I was hoping for anything as long as it was for me. Bah!

    By Blogger St8rk, at 8:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home