St8rk Reality.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

All White on the Night

When I awoke this morning, the snow was deep. And crisp. And even.

I scraped the snow off the car, carefully cleared a stretch of driveway (yes, I admit it, I have a driveway, but it doesn't make me posh) and edged my way slowly up the road toward the motorway.

To avoid a repeat of last year's 'Stuck in the snow 20 yards from my house' fiasco, I threw the snow shovel in the back of the car. Super Safety Stark, always thinking ahead. I should have been a Mountie. If I lived in Canada and wasn't allergic to horses.

By the time I arrived at work in Big City, the sun was shining, there wasn't a drop of snow to be seen.

A colleague looked at the back seat of my car and spotted the snow shovel.

"Not an optimist, are you?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home