St8rk Reality.

Monday, October 30, 2006

'Tis the Season

I am suffering from chronic smugness.

The reason for my self-satisfying aura is... I've completed my Christmas shopping - AND IT'S STILL BLOODY OCTOBER!!!
How organised am I?

It's a world shopping record in my house and I'm so smug I'm telling everyone. There's even a pinch of double-smugness because I bought everything from a charity website. So, not only are my friends and family going to receive all manner of very useful, hand-crafted baskets from Nepal (or something very similar) but I've helped save the planet. A wee bit anyway. Well, at least my conscience is clear. Ok sod it, I just couldn't be bothered battling it out with the moronic hordes in shopping centres all buying useless pieces of crap for equally useless relatives.

I did it all over two hours a couple of nights ago and now I await the delivery of a huge parcel with presents for everyone. I can't wait to open the huge box (let's face it , there aren't many things more exciting than opening a big box). Only, I know I'm going to be a bit disappointed when I realise none of the box's contents are for me. I'll probably reward my own generosity by popping into town and making an unnecessary purchase - like a new screwdriver. Woo! Rock 'n' roll!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home