St8rk Reality.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Aquaman

I went swimming today.

It's the first time I've pulled on a pair of trunks in anger since I stayed at a hotel in Liverpool in the summer.*
I was relieved to see that I'd lost none of my fish-like attributes. Why, at one point I held my face and head under the water for almost five seconds without spluttering and wiping a trail of snot from my nose. I am truly an aqua-athlete.

At one point, I saw the swimming instructor who was teaching the kiddies point in my direction and shake her head, doubtlessly telling her children that no matter how hard they trained, they'd never be as good as "that man over there."

Like a true aqua-athlete, I jumped effortlessly out of the pool, strutted by the swimming class with a smug sense of self-satisfaction.

I WAS NOT holding my stomach in - that's just the way it looks, OK. It comes with having so much 'swimming muscles'.


*The hotel had a pool, I wasn't just parading about the room in swimming trunks.

3 Comments:

  • Damn, I've just half typed about 15 comments but not managed to finish one. And now it's time for dinner. Damn.

    But... just time for a question - what kind of trunks? Speedos, Bermudas?

    By Blogger f:lux, at 9:51 pm  

  • Big baggy bermuda-type things which, when wet, drag me kicking and screaming (or gurgling) to the bottom of the deep end.

    By Blogger St8rk, at 10:19 pm  

  • Ah yes. And when they bring back a design of cozzie for ladies the equivalent of bermudas for men, I might be persuaded to go swimming again myself!

    By Blogger f:lux, at 10:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home